Prevent Child marriage; proper application of law and awareness should be created
Early marriage is a common disorder in Bangladesh. In order to achieve Millennium Development Goal, where different remedies are being taken, there can be no conscious citizen's desire to have a different view of child marriage and its consequences. So, everyone will have to come forward to overcome this situation. Some of the steps that are effective in preventing child marriage are discussed below:
The government has to play the most effective role in this case. Because the government is flexible and preventing child marriage, it is possible to prevent child marriage very much.Our good will to prevent child marriage. Therefore, awareness will be created to prevent child marriage.
Enough steps should be taken to remove poverty. Because most of the poor child marriage influence among those poor. Again, those who have come out of poverty do not try to give up in childhood. A poor girl is considered to be a burden in the poor family and is trying to get married faster.
In the village it is said that the girl should be given marriage as soon as she is a woman. As a result, the number of child marriage is increasing. Therefore, it is necessary to remove the ill-treatment like dowry, illiteracy and prejudice from the society.
Our media will also have to do effective work. The media will have to do more important work than the point of view of social responsibility. Through various case studies in newspapers and electronic media, various programs such as plays, movies, talk shows etc. Will have to be strengthened.
Although child marriage has been reduced drastically, many families continue the practice by producing fake birth certificates.
In fact, Bangladesh has many successes in social sectors, but sadly it has the fourth highest rate of child marriage in the world. According to UNICEF, “52 percent of country’s girls are married before the age of 18. Early marriage causes girls to drop out of education and limits their opportunities for social interaction.”
Human Rights Watch (HRW) recently reported that child marriage in Bangladesh is deeply destructive to the lives of married girls and their families; it pushes girls out of school, leaves them mired in poverty, heightens the risk of domestic violence, and carries grave health risks for girls and their babies due to early pregnancy.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account BenefitMarriage of girls before the age of 18 and men before 21 is treated as child marriage, which is strictly prohibited by law in Bangladesh. It is a punishable offence for the organizers of child marriage including parents, registering entities and related persons.Achieving gender equality and empowerment of women are the most important goals for prevent child marriage.
To implement the following recommendations for the prevention of child marriage, all concerned including guardians, political leaders, civil society, and administration will have to work together. Child marriage will be forced to abolish the society and country. Our expectations are that the concerned people will take visible steps to implement the recommendations.
1. Girls need to be educated, so that after the end of the job there is a job guarantee.
2. One of the major reasons for falling out of educational institutions is child marriage. In this case, effective action will be taken.
3. It is important that women should not be discriminated against in education, jobs, and so on. It is important to be considered seriously.
4. NGOs work separately. The government and the NGO should focus on working together.
5. If the poor people get easy legal remedies, then necessary action will be taken.
Consciousness and education will play the most effective role in preventing child marriage. Because when everyone is aware, everyone can play role in preventing child marriage.
Education is also essential for women. Educated women can be vocal against all irregularities in the society. When women are aware of their rights, then people around them will sit at least. They will think of imposing something. Now the time has come for women to understand their rights. Although in our patriarchal society, women are lagging behind the authority of authority, women will have to come out of this system themselves. Women will have an effective role to prevent child marriage. Being educated and self-reliant without being burdened in the family.
In total, everyone will have to come forward to stop child marriage and make parents aware, take different steps. Child marriage can be prevented.
More detail about
BGMEA University of Fashion & Technology
Submit Your Comments:
- জাতীয় হৃদরোগ ফাউন্ডেশনে 'কার্ডিওভাসকুলার ডিজেজ' বিষয়ক কোর্সে ভর্তি
- স্নাতক (সম্মান) ভর্তি: কোটার মেধা তালিকা প্রকাশ ২১ নভেম্বর
- বরিশালে এইচএসসিতে বৃত্তি পাচ্ছেন ৫৯৩ শিক্ষার্থী
- বেরোবি ভর্তি পরীক্ষার সব ইউনিটের ফল প্রকাশ
- স্নাতক (সম্মান) ভর্তির ২য় রিলিজ স্লিপের আবেদন শুরু ১৯ নভেম্বর
- কুয়েট খুলবে রবিবার; স্থগিত মিছিল-মিটিং
- আরবি ভাষা দিবস উপলক্ষে রচনা প্রতিযোগিতার আয়োজন
- প্রাণিসম্পদ ও মাৎস্য সেক্টরে দক্ষ জনবল তৈরিতে বাউবি'র প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্স
- কুবিতে ভর্তির সাক্ষাৎকার শুরু ২৪ নভেম্বর
- কুবির ভর্তি পরীক্ষার ফল প্রকাশ
- Full free scholarship offering for study Bachelor and Graduate level in China
- আহ্ছানউল্লা বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের ভর্তিপরীক্ষা ১৯ নভেম্বর
- অনার্স দ্বিতীয় বর্ষ পরীক্ষার সংশোধিত সূচি প্রকাশ
- কুবির ভর্তি পরীক্ষার ফল ১২ নভেম্বর
- শাবিপ্রবির ভর্তি কার্যক্রম শুরু ১২ নভেম্বর