There are no age restrictions for Chevening Scholarships. To qualify for a Chevening Scholarship, Applicants must:
1. Applicants have achieved a minimum English language requirement at the time that they submit their application:
a) Academic IELTS:
Overall score - 6.5, with a minimum score in each component of: Listening - 5.5; Reading - 5.5, Speaking - 5.5, Writing - 5.5.
b) PTE Academic: Overall score - 58, with a minimum score in each component of: Listening - 42, Reading - 42, Speaking - 42, Writing - 42.
c)TOEFL iBT: Overall score - 79, with a minimum score in each component of: Listening - 17, Reading - 18, Speaking - 20, Writing - 17.
Academic IELTS, PTE Academic or TOEFL iBT test certificates will only be valid if their test was taken between 1 October 2011 and 20 January 2013 (or, if earlier, the closing date for applications from their country). Applicants must include their English language test score and test certificate number on their Chevening application form.
2. They must hold a degree that is equivalent to at least a good UK second-class honours degree. Further information on UK degree equivalency can be found from UK NARIC.
3. They should have completed at least two years' work or equivalent experience by 30 September 2012. শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
A full Chevening Scholarship award normally comprises:
1. payment of tuition fees;
2. travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
3. an arrival allowance; a grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required);
4. an excess baggage allowance; the cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only;
5. a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
Total Scholarship: 0
Start Date: November 10, 2012
Last Date: December 20, 2012
More Info: http://www.chevening.org
To apply for a Chevening Scholarship, applicants must complete and submit an online Chevening application form.
Chevening application form will ask applicants to demonstrate that they meet the Chevening minimum English language requirement. Applicants will be asked to provide details of Academic IELTS, Pearson PTE Academic or TOEFL iBT test including the scores that they achieved for each component and their test report or certificate number. Alternatively Applicants will need to demonstrate that their qualify for an exemption or where there is no test centre that special arrangements apply for applicants country.
The Chevening application form will ask applicants to state three UK universities and courses in order of their preference. They should submit applications to their preferred universities before (or at the same time as) applying for a Chevening Scholarship.
Applicants must set out clearly in their Personal Statement on the application form how they believe to meet the Chevening selection criteria. This is vitally important to enable the interview panel to assess application properly. If applicants do not clearly set out how they believe to meet the criteria they will not be recommended for interview.
Applications will be sifted against the Chevening eligibility criteria and then reviewed by a committee chaired by a Regional Advisor and administered by the Chevening Scholarships Secretariat. The Regional Advisor will make recommendations to the local British Embassy or British High Commission about which candidates might be invited for interview.
The final decision on which candidates are invited for interview will be made by the local British Embassy or British High Commission. Candidates invited for interview will not be reimbursed for any expenses incurred in travelling to attend the interview (unless otherwise specified in applicants invitation to interview letter).
If applicants are not invited to attend an interview, they will be informed that their application has not been successful. Due to the high volume of applications received, it is not possible to give feedback on individual applications. The Chevening website will provide some typical reasons as to why applications are not successful.
If Applicants are invited to attend an interview, the Chevening Scholarships Secretariat will write to the referees that applicants provided on their application form to request references. At this point applicants must also contact their referees to ensure that they provide a reference in good time to be considered by the selection panel. Applicants will also be asked to sign a declaration relating to such issues as nationality, immigration status etc which must be returned to the Secretariat by the date specified.
Chevening Scholarships Secretariat recommend that applicants submit application as early as possible - preferably well before the closing date for their country.
- আন্তর্জাতিক হিফ্য ও ক্বিরাত প্রতিযোগিতায় নারীদের অংশগ্রহনের আহ্বান
- 'স্টেপেন্ডিয়াম হাঙ্গেরিকাম প্রোগ্রাম' বৃত্তির জন্য নির্বাচিতদের তালিকা প্রকাশ
- চার বছর মেয়াদী সরকারি কৃষি ডিপ্লোমায় ভর্তি আবেদন শুরু হয়েছে
- NSU offers CJP Course in Fall'19
- ইউএপি'র ৯ম সমাবর্তন ৩১ জুলাই
- Admission Announcement on FRS Training of 2nd Batch at DU
- বাংলাদেশ বিজ্ঞান ও শিল্প পরিষদে প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি
- গাইবান্ধা জেলার দরিদ্র শিক্ষার্থীদের বৃত্তি প্রদান করবে নাহিদ ফাউন্ডেশন
- A Four-Friday Course On DMC Offer By IBA, DU
- সম্পূর্ণ সরকারি খরচে মোটরযান ড্রাইভিং ও রক্ষণাবেক্ষন প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে সেইপ
- ঢাবিতে আরবি বিভাগে 'বেসিক এরাবিক' কোর্সে ভর্তি কার্যক্রম শুরু
- Training Course on Data Analysis at DU
- ঢাবির আধুনিক ভাষা ইনস্টিটিউটে ইংরেজী সংক্ষিপ্ত কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- বিইউবিটির চতুর্থ সমাবর্তন ১০ অক্টোবর
- ইস্টার্ন ইউনিভার্সিটির ৬ষ্ঠ সমাবর্তন ১৬ নভেম্বর