1. The National Commission must endorse all applications. UNESCO cannot entertain applications from individuals.
2. Candidates must be no more than 35 years old. Thus, applicants born before 1 January 1978 will not be considered under this program.
3. Preference will be given to candidates already possessing at the time of application a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) in the field of the life sciences. However, candidatures from students pursuing studies/research leading to a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) will also be entertained.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account Benefit 4. Only candidates with the necessary qualifications, who demonstrate outstanding intellectual promise and personal qualities, will be considered under this program.
5. Candidates must be proficient in reading and writing the language of instruction in the proposed country of study.
6. Applicants must be in good health, both physically and mentally.
- A detailed budget estimate indicating the resources required for the candidate to undertake the proposed research. The amount should not exceed USD 20,000. All figures must be shown in US dollars and must be stated on a separate page. The total amount indicated should cover, exclusively, the international or domestic travel costs for the proposed itinerary and tuition fees, if any, including personal subsistence abroad, etc. Applicants should be realistic in compiling their estimated budgets, and consider that an average of USD 1500 per month for accommodation and meals (including local transportation and incidentals) should not be exceeded. Applications where funds requested are judged to be excessive in relation to the objectives and importance of the project are likely to be considered for a smaller grant.
- The following costs are not eligible: computer or equipment purchases; publication costs; attendance at conferences, unless a case can be made that such attendance is an integral part of the research and would make a direct and significant contribution to the outcome of the development of life sciences.
- Participation in the Fellowship Training Programme.
- Round-trip travel for the selected beneficiaries from their country of residence to attend For Women in Science week in Paris, France, (date not yet determined) to attend an awards ceremony (sine qua non condition for the award of the fellowship).
- Lodging and pocket money during the stay in Paris for For Women in Science Week and the Fellowship Ceremony.
- A certificate attesting to the special award.
Total Scholarship: 15
Start Date: May 18, 2013
Last Date: June 15, 2013
More Info: http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-
All applications must be submitted with the required documentation on the prescribed and enclosed application forms. Each Member State may nominate up to a maximum of four candidatures. It is the National Commission's responsibility to select candidates that it wishes to submit to UNESCO. The National Commission is also invited to seek the cooperation of the local scientific community to ensure high standard candidatures that will then have more chances of being selected. The application(s) should reach the Fellowships Program Section (ERC/RPO/FEL), UNESCO (7, Place de Fontenoy 75352 Paris 07P) before 15 July 2012. An electronic copy of this letter is available in the UNESCO Fellowships' website. Advance copy may be sent by fax: +3188.8.131.52.02/03 or by e-mail: email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org (MSWord or PDF format document exclusively).
Candidates are encouraged to submit their applications via the online platform at the following link: https://www.eudonet.com/v7/app/specif/EUDO_03816/Fwis_International/Default.aspx
The National Commission will be notified of all applications and asked to endorse them before they can be considered. An email notification will be sent to all National Commissions upon receipt of an application from their country. The deadline for the submission of individual requests through this platform will be 15 June 2012. This will enable Member States to review the candidatures received through this platform, and therefore submit the four selected candidatures by 15 July 2012.
The application must have the following attachments:
a) The UNESCO Fellowship application form duly completed, in English or in French, in duplicate. Two recent photographs should be included with the form.
b) An e-mail address regularly used by the candidate.
c) Certified copies of degree or diplomas (including transcript of grades) in duplicate. Proof either of having obtained a Ph.D. degree or of being in the process of studying for a Ph.D. degree must be included.
d) A list of publications, if any.
e) A letter of recommendation from someone familiar with the candidate's work.
f) A host institute's letter of acceptance (i.e. the institute that has accepted the candidate for work should she be selected for a fellowship). This letter of acceptance must indicate the name of the academic supervisor, the date and duration, and the host institute's willingness to provide the relevant training facilities required by the candidate in the chosen field of specialization.
g) The certificate of language proficiency (on UNESCO form) duly completed in duplicate for the language of the country of study (should this be different from the candidate's mother tongue) and signed by the competent authority.
h) Detailed proposal for the research project: one to two page(s) (maximum), in either English or French.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICATION:
1. Field of study: Life Sciences
2. Closing date for receipt of applications: 15 July 2013
3. The initial fellowship is for a maximum period of 12 months, for a maximum sum of $20,000. The fellowship can be extended for up to 12 additional months with up to $20,000 additional funding upon request of the Fellow and validation of the Selection Committee.
4. Duration of stay in the host country/laboratory: At least half of the period of the fellowship must be undertaken abroad.. All fellows are required to complete the research project in her own country for a minimum of two months.
5. Possible date of commencing the project: Any time between 1 March 2013 & 1 March 2014
6. Applications for extension may only be made for the project for which the original fellowship was granted. To request an extension and additional funding, the following documents should be submitted 3 months before the ending date of the fellowship:
i. Three letters of recommendation issued by
(a) the host institution,
(b) the research supervisors at the host institution, and
(c) the academic institution/laboratory in the fellow's home country.
ii. A research report on progress to date on the project and a proposal justifying the need for an extension with details of the work to be done.
iii. A budget estimate specifying how the second grant will be utilized.
7. Upon termination of the fellowship, the beneficiary must agree to return to her country so that the knowledge acquired may be put to good use in local research and training programs.
Related Foreign Organization Scholarship
|University of Canterbury Scholarship||Bachelor Level.||August 15, 2019|
|University of Surrey Scholarship||Bachelor Level.||December 12, 2019|
|The University of Technology Sydney Scholarship||Masters Level.||July 29, 2019|
|Edith Cowan University, Australia Scholarship||Masters Level.||July 30, 2019|
|Monash South Africa Scholarship||Bachelor Level.||November 15, 2019|
|Australian National University Scholarship||Bachelor Level.||November 30, 2019|
|The University of Sydney Scholarship||Bachelor, Masters, PGD Level.||October 01, 2019|
|The University of Sydney Scholarship||Bachelor, Masters, PGD Level.||October 01, 2019|
|University of Canterbury Scholarship||Masters Level.||October 15, 2019|
|Victoria University of Wellington Scholarship||Bachelor, Masters, PhD Level.||October 30, 2019|
|The University of New South Wales Scholarship||Masters Level.||October 31, 2019|
|Griffith University Scholarship||Bachelor Level.||September 30, 2019|
|Curtin University, Malaysia Scholarship||PGD, Masters, Bachelor Level.||September 30, 2019|
- সরকারি-বেসরকারি পলিটেকনিকে শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির আহ্বান
- আন্তর্জাতিক হিফ্য ও ক্বিরাত প্রতিযোগিতায় নারীদের অংশগ্রহনের আহ্বান
- 'স্টেপেন্ডিয়াম হাঙ্গেরিকাম প্রোগ্রাম' বৃত্তির জন্য নির্বাচিতদের তালিকা প্রকাশ
- চার বছর মেয়াদী সরকারি কৃষি ডিপ্লোমায় ভর্তি আবেদন শুরু হয়েছে
- NSU offers CJP Course in Fall'19
- ইউএপি'র ৯ম সমাবর্তন ৩১ জুলাই
- Admission Announcement on FRS Training of 2nd Batch at DU
- বাংলাদেশ বিজ্ঞান ও শিল্প পরিষদে প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি
- গাইবান্ধা জেলার দরিদ্র শিক্ষার্থীদের বৃত্তি প্রদান করবে নাহিদ ফাউন্ডেশন
- A Four-Friday Course On DMC Offer By IBA, DU
- সম্পূর্ণ সরকারি খরচে মোটরযান ড্রাইভিং ও রক্ষণাবেক্ষন প্রশিক্ষণ দেবে সেইপ
- ঢাবিতে আরবি বিভাগে 'বেসিক এরাবিক' কোর্সে ভর্তি কার্যক্রম শুরু
- Training Course on Data Analysis at DU
- ঢাবির আধুনিক ভাষা ইনস্টিটিউটে ইংরেজী সংক্ষিপ্ত কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- বিইউবিটির চতুর্থ সমাবর্তন ১০ অক্টোবর