Nuclear Engineering Department Will Be Introduced at BUET
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET) is going to open Nuclear Engineering Department with Russian assistance. Earlier, 'Nuclear Engineering Department' under the Faculty of Engineering and Technology had been launched at Dhaka University on March 6.
National Research University Moscow would provide technical assistance for running the course and a memorandum of understanding (MoU) will be signed between the National Research University Moscow and the BUET soon.
This was disclosed when a 10-member delegation led by first secretary of Russian Federation Alexander P. Demin called on BUET Vice Chancellor Professor Dr S M Nazrul Islam at the latter's office here yesterday.
During the meeting, the BUET Vice chancellor informed the delegation of the existing condition of nuclear sector in Bangladesh.
As part of setting up of Bangladesh Nuclear Power Plant with Russian cooperation, discussion was also held to sign a MoU with the Russian State Energy Corporation and the BUET for making efficient engineers for the nuclear power plant here.
Russian delegation members went round different departments' laboratories and infrastructures and expressed their interest to provide scholarships to the BUET students for higher education on different department.
The delegation members included Vice Chancellor of Moscow Physics Institute NM Demetriv, Nizni Novogorak State Technical University Chancellor SM Dimetriv and Russian Ambassador to Bangladesh Alexander A. Nikolav. BUET Pro vice chancellor Dr M Habibur Rahman and other senior faculty members were present.
More detail about
Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
Submit Your Comments:
- Dhaka University to reopen on August 2
- NU Hons 2012-13 2nd year exam form fill up date extended
- Elementary and Level-1 Language Courses Starts at BUP
- DUET BSc Engg/B.Arch admission will begin from July 29
- Evening Masters and short course admission starts at PUST
- UK Education Open Day at Dhaka, August 2015
- Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University to Reopen on July 26
- Evening Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism at RU
- Certificate Course on Risk Management in Banking in DU
- Fall 2015 Admission Fair starts at Primeasia University
- NU Masters (1st part)-2013 form fill-up deadline extended
- JU Bachelor (Hons) 1st year admission test from Oct 25
- Masters (Final) and 1st part exam schedule published
- Certificate Course on Risk Management in Banking at DU
- BSMRMU invites applications for admission in two Masters courses