DIU Students Won 2nd Prize in Canada
His Excellency, Benoit-Pierre Laramee, High Commissioner of Canada to Bangladesh, handed over the awards and certificates to Daffodil International University (DIU) students team 'PediCare' through a colorful program held at the university auditorium.
They recently won the 2nd prize in a 'social business creation competition' organized by HEC Montreal's Social Business Centre (1DEOS) in Canada in collaboration with the Grameen Creative Lab. HEC Montreal is a French-language university institution offering internationally renowned management education and research. The School has been training future managers since 1907.
Daffodil International University arranged the awards ceremony to hand out the prizes sent by HEC Montreal, Canada. During the event, the High Commissioner also thanked Professor Mai Thi Thanh Thai, an Associate Professor in the Department of Entrepreneurship and Innovation at HEC Montreal who facilitated the process.
In his speech, the High Commissioner congratulated the winners team members Kazi Mesbah ur Rahman, Faisal Bin Abul Kasem. Bhaskar Sarkar and Shamsun Nahar (Daffodil International University) and Margot Mollat du Jordin (Student of McGill University, Canada) for winning the 2nd prize of this competition among 44 teams from 30 universities representing 16 countries.
While addressing Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the university Md. Sabur Khan said, 'PediCare' team made a remarkable example for all of our students as well as increased glory, prestige, image, reputation and nobility of the university all over the world. He urged the students to learn from 'PediCare' team how to generate an idea and how to transfer it in a social business. He reminded the Padicare team that getting the award is not the final destination, you have to must implement your idea. Daffodil International University is always besides with you.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account BenefitHEC Montreal set up a Social Business Centre, the first of its kind in Canada. One of the objectives of the centre is to work with Canadian firms on developing projects with a social impact. They organized this international competition as a learning experience for the students who are learning how to use market mechanisms to meet social needs.
The winning project 'Pedicare' is the brainchild of these four students, who identified that there is only a limited selection of baby food products available in local market and all are very expensive. As a result, many parents cannot afford healthy food supplements for their growing babies. To address the problem, the students developed a baby food product prototype called Pedicare that is a highly nutritious and low-priced supplementary food for children aged 6 months to 3 years. Child nutrition is a major issue for Bangladesh because malnutrition leads to stunting and wasting in children. In Bangladesh, 36% of children under five are stunted and 14% are wasted, which is the highest in Asia. 33% are underweight.
Professor Yousuf Mahbubul Islam, PhD, Vice-Chancellor; Mr. Md. Sabur Khan, Chairman, Board of Trustees; Mr. Hamidul Haque Khan, Treasurer; Professor Rafiqul Islam, Dean, Faculty of Business and Economics; Professor Dr. Ahmed Ismail Mostafa, Dean, Faculty of Allied Health Sciences of Daffodil International University also spoke on the occasion.
More detail about
Daffodil International University
Submit Your Comments:
- এনইউ'র ১ম বর্ষ স্নাতকের (পাস ও প্রফেশনাল) রিলিজ স্লিপের মেধা তালিকা প্রকাশ
- 28th Advanced Training Course on Research Techniques in Social Sciences
- ডিগ্রী ১ম বর্ষ পরীক্ষার সময়সূচী প্রকাশ
- ICAB Notice on Professional & Advanced stage Class- Enrolment
- Certificate Course on Youth Entrepreneur Development 1st Batch at DU
- আগামী ১৫ এপ্রিল জবি'র ইভনিং এমবিএ-র মৌখিক পরীক্ষা
- GIS Training Admission Announcement 2017 , DU
- Training course on SPSS and Stata for professional & Students
- ২য় বর্ষ ডিগ্রি (পাস) ও সার্টিফিকেট কোর্সের ফল প্রকাশ
- এন.ইউ.'র মাস্টার্স শেষ পর্বের পরীক্ষা শুরু ১৭ এপ্রিল
- GIS Training Admission Announcement , DU
- Junior certificate courses in different language Session '17-18
- JnU offering Certificate Course in English Language 2017
- Admission in Training Course on GIS at DU April 2017
- এন.ইউ’র মাস্টার্স (নিয়মিত) ভর্তির রিলিজ স্লিপের আবেদন শুরু ২১ মার্চ