3rd Gobeshona Int'l Annual Conference Starts at IUB
A four-day "Gobeshona International Annual Conference for Research on Climate Change in Bangladesh" kicked off on January 08, 2017 at the Auditorium of Independent University, Bangladesh (IUB).
Organized by the International Centre for Climate Change and Development (ICCCAD) at IUB and supported by USAID, the Conference will be implemented from January 8-11, 2017.
Almost 200 national and international participants including representatives from the government of Bangladesh are taking part through six plenary and fourteen parallel sessions on various climate change issues and topics over the next three days, said a press release.
In his welcome speech, Professor M. Omar Rahman, the Vice-Chancellor of IUB, thanked ICCCAD and Gobeshona for their relentless efforts to promote research and create a culture of research, and urged the young people to endeavor with the progress.
Dr. Saleemul Huq, Director of ICCCAD, put the opening remark where he pointed out how Gobeshona and ICCCAD worked persistently for last one year to materialize the decisions taken in 2016 in the 2nd Gobeshona Annual Conference as well as the commitments made through "Paris Agreement".
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account BenefitThe Keynote was presented by Dr. Gregg B Walker, Professor of Communication, Oregon State University, USA where he shared his idea on the importance on connecting campus and community to address the long-term effect of climate change. Universities are the best places to conduct researches on these issues, Prof. Walker emphasized.
Professor Milan Pagon, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Designate), IUB, a large number of researchers from different international and national institutions, faculties and senior officers of IUB, students, development activists from different national and international NGOs were present in the inaugural ceremony.
More detail about
Independent University, Bangladesh
Submit Your Comments:
- Two-day certificate courses Jan-2017 starts at IBA, DU
- Two-day certificate course Jan-2017 starts at IBA, DU
- IBA, DU offering four-week RMC course
- DU rokeya hall alumni association reunion Nov 25
- Kamil (Masters) exam results published under IU
- NU Master's admission merit list on Nov 10
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC Nov-2016
- First merit list of Hons 1st year admission in NU
- BICM offers 3 certificate training programs
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC November-2016
- CoU 1st year application deadline extended
- BSMRSTU 1st year admission deadline extended
- SUST 1st year admission application starts Oct 16
- Application deadline of NSTU admission extended
- Advanced Course on Research Methodology 6th Batch at DU