Primeasia Uni become Champion at Debate for Democracy
Speakers at an event on January 07, 2017 said that the politicians had not shown strong political will to curb corruption in the country, which was impeding the fight.
Attending a debate competition on 'curb corruption: public awareness or political will', organized by Debate for Democracy at the Bangladesh Film Development Corporation in the capital, Transparency International Bangladesh executive director Iftekharuzzaman said that prevention or control of corruption was not possible without visible will of the politicians.
He opined that the authorities designated to fight corruption, including the Anti-Corruption Commission, needed a good political environment in which they could independently operate and make their moves against corruption.
He added that appropriate punishments for corrupt people would help the country build a positive image against corruption. 'Corrupt practices will cease to be in the same very moment the politicians want it… but we have not seen any such initiative', said ACC commissioner AFM Aminur Rahman.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Account BenefitDebate for Democracy chairman Hassan Ahmed Chowdhury Kiron demanded that the authorities form a special tribunal to try corrupt people who looted banks, stock market and public funds. He urged the ACC and TIB to arrange various program engaging college and university level students in the fight against corruption.
United Commercial Bank chairman MA Sabur urged the government to take necessary steps to curb banking and financial sector corruptions. Though powerful quarters were involved in such corruptions, he claimed, in most cases ordinary officials were facing trials. In the grand finale of the debate competition, Primeasia University became champion defeating IBAIS University. A total of 16 universities took part in the competition.
More detail about
Submit Your Comments:
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC Mar-2017
- LCMC course admission February 2017 at IBA, DU
- Six-week LCMC course admission Feb 2017 at IBA, DU
- Two-day certificate courses Jan-2017 starts at IBA, DU
- Two-day certificate course Jan-2017 starts at IBA, DU
- IBA, DU offering four-week RMC course
- DU rokeya hall alumni association reunion Nov 25
- Kamil (Masters) exam results published under IU
- NU Master's admission merit list on Nov 10
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC Nov-2016
- First merit list of Hons 1st year admission in NU
- BICM offers 3 certificate training programs
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC November-2016
- CoU 1st year application deadline extended
- BSMRSTU 1st year admission deadline extended