JUTA Demands VC Panel Election Immediately
Agitating teachers of Jahangirnagar University on December 13,1013 threatened to wage a tougher movement if Pro-VC (education) Professor MA Matin, who is discharging the duties of the VC in his absence, to announce the schedule of a VC panel election within 48 hours to replace the incumbent, Professor Anwar Hossain.
It was one of the six demands they raised through a press conference at the social science faculty building. The other demands include punishing the Chhatra League men who attacked teachers and those who hurled bombs at the residence of JU Teachers Association (JUTA) president recently.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Demanding the VC's resignation, the teachers have been besieging the administrative building since November 20, halting its activities. They also locked the VC's official residence and declared Professor Anwar unwanted at JU on December 9, 2013.
The embattled VC, who faces allegations of committing irregularities in teachers' recruitment, spoiling teacher-student relations, and misusing the university funds, has been on a 15-day "sick leave" since December 05, 2013.
More detail about
Submit Your Comments:
- NU Masters part-1 admission release slip result on Feb 4
- Three higher training workshops to be held at BUET
- NU honors 3rd year exams begin on Feb 3
- Interview for JnU A-unit empty seats admission
- DU invites applications for AR Hawlader Memorial Prize
- Two-day certificate courses admission-2016 starts at IBA, DU
- First reunion of ACBA is going to be held on Feb 12
- 17 seats left vacant at KU Life Science School
- NU Honors 4th year 2014 exam form fill up starts
- 2nd release slip application starts at NU for Hons admission
- DCE, BUET offering short course on Safety of Water Transports
- Second merit list of CVASU 1st year admission published
- IAU Fazil/Honors 1st year admission test held
- JnU offering Certificate Course in English Language 2016
- IEDCR invites applications for Field Epidemiology Training Program