JUTA Demands VC Panel Election Immediately
Agitating teachers of Jahangirnagar University on December 13,1013 threatened to wage a tougher movement if Pro-VC (education) Professor MA Matin, who is discharging the duties of the VC in his absence, to announce the schedule of a VC panel election within 48 hours to replace the incumbent, Professor Anwar Hossain.
It was one of the six demands they raised through a press conference at the social science faculty building. The other demands include punishing the Chhatra League men who attacked teachers and those who hurled bombs at the residence of JU Teachers Association (JUTA) president recently.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Demanding the VC's resignation, the teachers have been besieging the administrative building since November 20, halting its activities. They also locked the VC's official residence and declared Professor Anwar unwanted at JU on December 9, 2013.
The embattled VC, who faces allegations of committing irregularities in teachers' recruitment, spoiling teacher-student relations, and misusing the university funds, has been on a 15-day "sick leave" since December 05, 2013.
More detail about
Submit Your Comments:
- NSTU Bachelor admission application deadline extended
- CoU Bachelor admission Admit Card distribution starts
- NU honors 4th year exam-2013 results on Nov 26
- 2nd migration and waiting list published for MBBS/BDS admission
- JKKNIU Gha-unit admission test result published
- PSTU BA (Hons) 1st year admission deadline extended
- SylAU Bachelor 1st year admission dates rescheduled
- Certificate in Acupuncture course admission starts at Gono Bishwabidyalay
- ICT short courses admission at IIT, DU in January 2016
- Marine Fisheries Academy admission test result published
- IU C, E and F unit admission test results published
- RU A-unit admission test result published
- RU E and H unit admission test result published
- RUET 1st year admission test result published
- SUST 1st year entrance test result published