JUTA Demands VC Panel Election Immediately
Agitating teachers of Jahangirnagar University on December 13,1013 threatened to wage a tougher movement if Pro-VC (education) Professor MA Matin, who is discharging the duties of the VC in his absence, to announce the schedule of a VC panel election within 48 hours to replace the incumbent, Professor Anwar Hossain.
It was one of the six demands they raised through a press conference at the social science faculty building. The other demands include punishing the Chhatra League men who attacked teachers and those who hurled bombs at the residence of JU Teachers Association (JUTA) president recently.
Demanding the VC's resignation, the teachers have been besieging the administrative building since November 20, halting its activities. They also locked the VC's official residence and declared Professor Anwar unwanted at JU on December 9, 2013.
The embattled VC, who faces allegations of committing irregularities in teachers' recruitment, spoiling teacher-student relations, and misusing the university funds, has been on a 15-day "sick leave" since December 05, 2013.
More detail about
Submit Your Comments:
- Online application for DU Bachelor admission begins on Aug 20
- Training course on higher research on sociology at DU
- Professional master of science in mathematics course at JU
- Release slip for NU Master's final year admission 2012-13
- Candidates list published for Masters and MBA admission in PSTU
- Dhaka University to reopen on August 2
- NU Hons 2012-13 2nd year exam form fill up date extended
- Elementary and Level-1 Language Courses Starts at BUP
- DUET BSc Engg/B.Arch admission will begin from July 29
- Evening Masters and short course admission starts at PUST
- UK Education Open Day at Dhaka, August 2015
- Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University to Reopen on July 26
- Evening Masters in Mass Communication and Journalism at RU
- Certificate Course on Risk Management in Banking in DU
- Fall 2015 Admission Fair starts at Primeasia University