JUTA Demands VC Panel Election Immediately
Agitating teachers of Jahangirnagar University on December 13,1013 threatened to wage a tougher movement if Pro-VC (education) Professor MA Matin, who is discharging the duties of the VC in his absence, to announce the schedule of a VC panel election within 48 hours to replace the incumbent, Professor Anwar Hossain.
It was one of the six demands they raised through a press conference at the social science faculty building. The other demands include punishing the Chhatra League men who attacked teachers and those who hurled bombs at the residence of JU Teachers Association (JUTA) president recently.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Demanding the VC's resignation, the teachers have been besieging the administrative building since November 20, halting its activities. They also locked the VC's official residence and declared Professor Anwar unwanted at JU on December 9, 2013.
The embattled VC, who faces allegations of committing irregularities in teachers' recruitment, spoiling teacher-student relations, and misusing the university funds, has been on a 15-day "sick leave" since December 05, 2013.
More detail about
Submit Your Comments:
- BICM offers 3 certificate training programs
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC November-2016
- CoU 1st year application deadline extended
- BSMRSTU 1st year admission deadline extended
- SUST 1st year admission application starts Oct 16
- Application deadline of NSTU admission extended
- Advanced Course on Research Methodology 6th Batch at DU
- Admission in Training Course on GIS at DU October 2016
- NU MPhil admission test result published
- NSTU first year admission notice revised
- HSC admission 2015-16 starts at BOU
- RU application process starts on September 18
- NU Masters last part admission deadline extended
- Fazil (Degree) 2015-16 private candidates registration starts
- IBA, DU offering two-day Supply Chain Management course