JUTA Demands VC Panel Election Immediately
Agitating teachers of Jahangirnagar University on December 13,1013 threatened to wage a tougher movement if Pro-VC (education) Professor MA Matin, who is discharging the duties of the VC in his absence, to announce the schedule of a VC panel election within 48 hours to replace the incumbent, Professor Anwar Hossain.
It was one of the six demands they raised through a press conference at the social science faculty building. The other demands include punishing the Chhatra League men who attacked teachers and those who hurled bombs at the residence of JU Teachers Association (JUTA) president recently.
শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Demanding the VC's resignation, the teachers have been besieging the administrative building since November 20, halting its activities. They also locked the VC's official residence and declared Professor Anwar unwanted at JU on December 9, 2013.
The embattled VC, who faces allegations of committing irregularities in teachers' recruitment, spoiling teacher-student relations, and misusing the university funds, has been on a 15-day "sick leave" since December 05, 2013.
More detail about
Submit Your Comments:
- Private polytechnic admission 2016-17 deadline extended
- NU Hons 3rd year 2015 exam form fill-up starts
- NU Master of Advanced Studies admission from Jul 10
- BTEC admission test results published
- NU advanced MBA admission test result published
- Elementary & Level-1 Language Courses 2016 admission in BUP
- BRUR summer vacation from June 19
- NU Masters (Professional) course admission deadline extends
- Polytechnic admission 2016-17 deadline extended
- NU Degree Pass 2014 exam result published
- English and French Language short courses in IML, DU
- Advanced Course on Research Methodology 5th Batch at DU
- 4th Batch Early Childhood Development Course at ICMH
- NU Masters final admission merit list published
- NU MPhil admission 2016-17 date revised