Sylhet Cadet College Tops in SSC Under Sylhet Board | Top 20 List
Sylhet Cadet College topped in the list among twenty institutions in this year's Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examinations under Sylhet Education Board. The pass rate of Sylhet Board is 88.96%.
Under Sylhet Board, the institutions of Top 20 list are - Sylhet Cadet College, Jalalabad Cantonment Public School and College, Sylhet Government Pilot High School, Blue Bird School and College, Scholarshome of Sylhet, Government Agragami Girls high School, Sylhet, The Buds Residential Model School and College of Srimangal, Moulvibazar, Govindapur Government High School of Habiganj, Government High School, Habiganj, BTRI High School, Srimangal, Moulvibazar, BKGC government Girls High school, Habiganj, Border Guard public School and College, Sylhet, Shahjalal Jamia Islamia School and College, Sylhet, Flowers KG and High School of Moulvibazar, Moulvibazar Government Girls High School, Natural Gas Fertiliser factory High School, Fenchuganj, Sylhet, Government Jubilee High school, Sunamganj, Al-Amin Jamia Islamia School and College, Sylhet, Tetaigaon Rashid Uddin High School, Moulvibazar and Sylhet Government Model School and college.
Sylhet Cadet College is a military high school for boys (Grade VII - XII) situated 7 km north to Sylhet divisional City, east to the Osmani Air Port Road, beside Parjatan motel of Sylhet.
When Bangladesh (as East Pakistan) was part of Pakistan, Pakistan Army established some cadet colleges in West Pakistan (Now Pakistan) and some cadet colleges in East Pakistan (now Bangladesh) in the form of British Public Schools Act 1868. After the liberation war, Bangladesh Army established eight more cadet colleges (among themMymensingh Girls Cadet College, Joypurhat Girls Cadet College, Feni Girls Cadet College had been established for girls). Sylhet Cadet College is the first cadet college established after the liberation War of Bangladesh in 1971. It was established in Pakistan as a model school in 1969. In 1974, it was modified and converted to a model college. Bangladesh modified this model college and converted it to a cadet college in 1978. In 1979, An admission test took place for selecting the students from model college to keep them in this new modified Cadet College. First, second and third batch of this new cadet college was from the model college, and in the same year 4th Batch was taken as fresh cadets. First Batch passed the college in 1982 and first intake, i.e. fourth batch, passed in 1985. And from that time, an admission test started taking place every year to admit new cadets in class seven.
The College has been providing great academic support to the cadets to make them a perfect man for the service of the nation. Recently SCC has made a brilliant result in Secondary School Certificate (SSC) examination, 2007 (28th) and 2010 (31st). They all achieved GPA 5.00. The academic performance of SCC is always on the increase. The result of SCC has always been best in Sylhet Education Board. শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- NSTU Bachelor admission application deadline extended
- CoU Bachelor admission Admit Card distribution starts
- NU honors 4th year exam-2013 results on Nov 26
- 2nd migration and waiting list published for MBBS/BDS admission
- JKKNIU Gha-unit admission test result published
- PSTU BA (Hons) 1st year admission deadline extended
- SylAU Bachelor 1st year admission dates rescheduled
- Certificate in Acupuncture course admission starts at Gono Bishwabidyalay
- ICT short courses admission at IIT, DU in January 2016
- Marine Fisheries Academy admission test result published
- IU C, E and F unit admission test results published
- RU A-unit admission test result published
- RU E and H unit admission test result published
- RUET 1st year admission test result published
- SUST 1st year entrance test result published