New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships - 2013 is Now Open for Applications
The 2013-2014 Commonwealth Scholarship for students from developing countries to study in New Zealand is now open for applications. The Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP) is an international programme under which member governments offer scholarships and fellowships to citizens of other Commonwealth countries.
New Zealand offers Commonwealth Scholarships for Master's and PhD study.
Commonwealth Scholarships awardees can only study at these New Zealand universities: Auckland University of Technology, Lincoln University, Massey University, University of Auckland, University of Canterbury, University of Otago, Victoria University of Wellington and University of Waikato.
Applicants must complete the application form for the New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships for tenure from 2014.
Nominations must be received by Universities NZ in Wellington, New Zealand no later than 31 July 2013. The selection committee will meet in Wellington in early September 2013.
To be eligible to be considered for a Commonwealth Scholarship an applicant must have citizenship of a participating developing Commonwealth country; permanent residents of a participating country are not eligible to apply; be residing in their country of citizenship, preferably for at least two years prior to application; not have citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand or Australia, or another developed country, except where their country does not issue passports and they hold a New Zealand passport (i.e. the Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau); not be married or engaged to be married to a person who holds, or who is eligible to hold, citizenship or permanent residence status of New Zealand, Australia or another developed country, except where their country does not issue passports and they hold a New Zealand passport (i.e. the Cook Islands, Niue or Tokelau); be applying to commence a new qualification and not be seeking funding for one already commenced at PhD or Masters level; satisfy the admission requirements of the New Zealand university at which the qualification is to be undertaken, including English language criteria; have been working in their country of citizenship, preferably for at least two years prior to application; hold a first degree of upper second class Honours (or above); or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification, which will normally be a Master's degree; be available to commence their academic studies in New Zealand at the start of the New Zealand academic year in February 2014; have already secured admission to their preferred New Zealand university; evidence of admission (eg. a letter of offer) is required with the application form; a conditional letter of offer from a New Zealand university is sufficient to allow an application to be accepted; have a planned programme start date (in the letter of offer) at the start of the New Zealand Academic year in February 2014; offers for a planned start date for Semester 2, 2014 cannot be accepted.
For more information about the application procedure and selection procedure please visit - New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarship Page.
Submit Your Comments:
- BSMRMU invites applications for admission in two Masters courses
- Release slip application for NU Masters Final admission starts
- BSc level courses admission begins at BTEC
- Diploma/Certificate Courses Fall 2015 admission starts at SUB
- JKKNIU Bachelor (Hons) 1st year admission test date
- NU Masters form fill up deadline extended
- RSTU admission process will begin from July 1
- Admission in Fall 2015 session ongoing at Eastern University
- Fall 2015 admission ongoing at Fareast International University
- NU Degree (Pass)-2013 practical exam schedule published
- Japanese Language Short Course admission at DU
- IBA, DU is offering a six week course on HRMC
- Admission in Fall 2015 session starts at American International University
- Admission in Fall 2015 session starts at Prime University
- NU Degree (Pass) exam form fill up deadline extended