4 Universities VCs are Frightened of VC Panel Election?!
Dhaka University (DU), Rajshahi University (RU), Chittagong University (CU) and Jahangirnagar University (JU) - these four universities politically appointed VCs are frightened of taking the risk of VC Panel Election.
Many teachers think that, in the VC Panel Election four VCs are thinking that they will be unsuccessful. Using the weak point of law, they are functioning like the elected VC of government universities.
According to the verdict of 1973, Self-governmental Universities should have elected VC for 4 years.
In the 11(1) act of the verdict ‘73 it is said that, Chancellor of University and president will appoint VC for 4 years from the senate selected 3 persons panel. In the 11(2) act it is said that, on emergency chancellor can appoint VC temporarily. But the senate panels will permanent the post as soon as possible by the VC Panel Election. But no time format is given on the verdict. Temporary VCs are taking this opportunity.
In Chittagong University, VC Panel Election isn’t holding for more than two eras & in Rajshahi University more than one era. And in Jahangirnagar University and Dhaka University government selected temporary VCs are functioning for more than 3 years. Earlier DU VC Panel Election held time to time, but current VC didn’t organize the election.
About this Education Minister Nurul Islam Nahid said, the responsibility of organizing VC panel Election is university authorities. They have to take step for this. Minister also discussed about this matter on last Sunday in a meeting with public universities VCs.
DU VC A A M S Arefin Siddique said, University is directed through the verdict of 73 & Chancellor has appointed him according to the verdict.
He also claimed that, though he is not an elected VC, the university is doing better leading by him comparatively with the elected VC. By observing the overall situation the election will be organized.
RU VC Abdus Sobhan said, after the election of senate, university authority will take decision.
But UGC Chairman AK Azad Chowdhury said, Commission has nothing to do in this matter.
The last VC panel election held at CU in 1988. CU VC Md. Anwarul Azim said, Cases are the main obstacle for organizing senate election. Correspondents of registered graduate’s files case every time when CU authority takes step for the election.
JU VC Sharif Enamul Kabir appointed as the VC in 24 February, 2009. Before him, the last elected VC was Professor Khondoker Mustahidur Rahman.
Sharif Enamul kabir shortly said, everybody will know about this matter soon.
Teachers Association of JU already protesting for his removal. They are claiming that, many irregularities are done by JU VC. One of them is not holding VC Panel Election. শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- DU rokeya hall alumni association reunion Nov 25
- Kamil (Masters) exam results published under IU
- NU Master's admission merit list on Nov 10
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC Nov-2016
- First merit list of Hons 1st year admission in NU
- BICM offers 3 certificate training programs
- IBA, DU offering a six week course on HRMC November-2016
- CoU 1st year application deadline extended
- BSMRSTU 1st year admission deadline extended
- SUST 1st year admission application starts Oct 16
- Application deadline of NSTU admission extended
- Advanced Course on Research Methodology 6th Batch at DU
- Admission in Training Course on GIS at DU October 2016
- NU MPhil admission test result published
- NSTU first year admission notice revised