Australian Development Scholarship - Eligibility & Crieteria
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) are long term development awards administered by AusAID. ADS aim to contribute to the long term development needs of Australia's partner countries in line with bilateral and regional agreements. They provide opportunities for people from developing countries to undertake full time undergraduate or postgraduate study at participating Australian universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions.
The study and research opportunities provided by ADS develop skills and knowledge of individuals to drive change and contribute to the development outcomes of their own country.
Australian Development Scholarships (ADS) are scholarships for international students who want to study in Australian Universities. Scholarship holders are required to return to their country of citizenship for two years after they have completed their studies to contribute to the development of their country.
Up to 1000 Australian Development Scholarships are awarded each year across 31 countries with scholarships awarded equally between men and women. The number of scholarships and fields of study are determined annually by each ADS participating country and in accordance with the Australian Government's bilateral development assistance program. Some countries may limit the level of study (technical, undergraduate or postgraduate) and give priority to certain fields of study to better meet development needs and Australia's specific aid objectives for each country.
ADS are offered for the minimum period necessary for the individual to complete the academic program specified by the Australian higher education institution, including any preparatory training. The following benefits generally apply:
* Full tuition fees
* Return air travel-payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
* Establishment allowance-a once only payment of $5,000 as a contribution towards as accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
* Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by AusAID. From 1 January 2012, CLE payable to Scholars studying under an ADS is $28,000 per year.
* Introductory Academic Program (IAP)-a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia.
* Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)-provided to cover the student's basic medical costs (with the exception of pre existing conditions).
* Pre-course English (PCE) fees-if deemed necessary PCE may be available for students for in-country and/or in-Australia training.
* Supplementary Academic Support may be available to ensure a Scholar's academic success or enhance their academic experience.
* Fieldwork (for research students only)-may be available for eligible research students for one return economy class airfare via the most direct route to their country of citizenship or within Australia.
Eligibility & Criteria
To be eligible to receive a Scholarship, applicants must:
a. be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of commencing the Scholarship
b. be a citizen of a participating country (as listed on AusAID's Scholarship website) and be residing in and applying for the Scholarship from their country of citizenship
c. not be married or engaged to or be a de facto of a person who holds, or is eligible to hold, Australian or New Zealand citizenship or permanent residency, at any of the application, selection or mobilization phases or while on-scholarship in Australia
Note: Residents of Cook Islands, Niue and Tokelau with New Zealand citizenship are eligible but must apply for an AusAID 576 student visa.
d. not be current serving military personnel
e. not be applying for another long-term AusAID scholarship unless they have returned to their home country and resided there* for twice the length of the total time that they were in Australia (for example, a previous Scholar who has been on AusAID scholarship/s in Australia for four years will not be eligible to apply for another AusAID scholarship until they have been home for eight years)
f. not hold or have held an Australian Government-funded scholarship (e.g. Endeavour Award) in the preceding two years, at the time of application
g. satisfy any specific criteria established by the applicant's country and/or government of citizenship
h. be able to satisfy the admission requirements of the institution at which the Scholarship is to be undertaken (this may mean that Post will need to withdraw a Scholarship offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the institution's admission requirements. This may not be known until Post requests a placement at selected institutions)
i. be able to satisfy all requirements of the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) for an AusAID Student Visa 576 (this may mean that Post will need to withdraw a Scholarship offer if the recipient cannot satisfy the visa requirements)
Most applications will open on 1 February 2013. If you intend to apply, you must read the Scholarships handbook.
For more information about this scholarship please visit - AUSAID Home Page. শিক্ষা সংক্রান্ত খবরাখবর নিয়মিত পেতে রেজিস্ট্রেশন করুন অথবা Log In করুন।
Submit Your Comments:
- মাস্টার্স শেষ পর্ব পরীক্ষার সময়সূচি প্রকাশ
- এইচএসসি পরীক্ষা স্থগিত
- জগন্নাথ বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে সার্টিফিকেট কোর্স- ইংলিশ, চাইনিজ, আরবি, ফ্রেঞ্চ
- বাংলাদেশ মেডিকেল এন্ড ডেন্টাল কাউন্সিল-বিজ্ঞপ্তি
- বরিশাল বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের ভর্তি পরীক্ষা ২৭ ও ২৮ ডিসেম্বর
- খুবির ৬ষ্ঠ সমাবর্তন ২২ ডিসেম্বর
- জবির সমাবর্তন ১১ জানুয়ারি
- জবিতে শূন্য আসনে ভর্তির সাক্ষাৎকার শুরু ২০ ডিসেম্বর
- রাবিতে আন্তর্জাতিক ছায়া জাতিসংঘ সম্মেলন শুরু বৃহস্পতিবার
- অনার্স তৃতীয় বর্ষের পরীক্ষা শুরু ১৩ জানুয়ারি; মাস্টার্স রিলিজ স্লিপ আবেদন শুরু ১৯ ডিসেম্বর
- ডিজিটাল মেলা-২০২০ উপলক্ষে টেলিকমিউনিকেশন দফতরের রচনা প্রতিযোগিতা
- ঢাকা পলিটেকনিকে জানুয়ারি-জুন’২০ সেশনে বিভিন্ন প্রশিক্ষণ কোর্সে ভর্তি শুরু
- জেএসসি-পিইসির ফল বছরের শেষ দিন
- ৪০তম বিসিএস: লিখিত পরীক্ষা ৪-৮ জানুয়ারি
- তিতুমীর কলেজের সুবর্ণজয়ন্তী উৎসবের নিবন্ধন শেষ আজ